How To Keep Your Skin Looking Younger For Longer
Many women we know, wake up one morning, look in the mirror and notice their first wrinkles. First wrinkles start to appear in people over 30 but we are seeing more and more people in their 20s come in and ask us about tips for reducing wrinkles. When we look at the skin however, wrinkles are not the only signs of ageing in the skin. We can identify other symptoms in the skin which add years and can predict how fast that skin will age.
Sign Of Ageing Skin
The first sign of aging is a dehydrated skin. Dehydration, a lack of moisture in the skin, causes the skin to crease and form fine lines, which can eventually form permanent lines. Sun damage is another common symptom of aging in skin. Sun damage causes pigmentation, uneven skin tone, rough textured skin, thickened skin with open pores, broken capillaries and accelerated collagen break-down causing deep wrinkles and sagging in the skin.
What Causes the Skin To Age Faster?
The sun is the biggest cause for accelerating aging in the skin. Smoking, drinking too much alcohol, stress, exposure to pollution and poor diet also cause the skin to age faster.
The sun breaks down collagen in the skin which causes the skin to wrinkle and sag. Sun exposure also causes pigmentation problems which cause uneven skin tone, making the skin appear older. Smoking, alcohol and stress trigger free radicals which damage the skin cells and accelerate ageing. Tissue inflammation caused by toxins, poor nutrition, food intolerances, and incorrect skincare or skin neglect is another leading cause of ageing in the skin.
Skin Ageing Prevention
So now after reading this, you may be thinking, well what else is there to do? You see, many of the factors that cause accelerated aging in the skin are symptoms of our modern lifestyle and our choices. Many people are now making different choices and implementing lifestyle changes to look and feel younger and live longer. These same lifestyle changes will impact positively on the quality, look and feel of your skin. With small changes you can make a big difference.
Here is how:
- Drink lots of water to keep your skin hydrated.
- Wear a sunscreen everyday.
- Gently exfoliate your skin 1 - 3 times per week.
- Lock in the moisture with a good anti-ageing moisturiser.
- Include a Retinol Serum in your night-time skincare routine.
- Alternate with a vitamin C serum every other night.
- Limit alcohol consumption to 1-2 drinks only 1-3 times per week. Less is best.
- Avoid smoking, processed foods, chemicals in foods and water and foods that trigger an intolerance. What you consume every day greatly influences your ageing process.
- Drink green tea, eat antioxidant rich foods such as berries, green leafy vegetables, coloured vegetables and healthy oils such as olive, coconut and avocado oil.
- Practice stress management techniques such as gentle exercise, relaxation with massage, yoga, and meditation. Take the time out away from technology, and devices. Get outside, play with a pet, spend time in the garden, read a book or go for a walk in nature.
For more tips and advice about skin treatments and products that erase the signs of premature ageing and keep your skin looking younger for longer, drop in or call us for an appointment on (02)99187288
For more beauty inspiration, visit our website http://www.facialimpressions.com.au/